Sliders…because let’s face it, we all need a little more fun in our lives. These little beauties were ridiculously simple to whip together. Place the sweet potato sliders and the mixed bean burgers in the oven at the same time. While those cook up, you’ll have just enough time to prep everything else!
Total time: 30 minutes
-2 Sweet Potatoes
-1 can cannellini beans
-1 can red beans
-½ cup Greek yogurt
-6 basil leaves
-Avocado or Olive oil (for greasing pans)
–Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder (all to taste)
Sweet potato sliders
1. Slice sweet potatoes into half inch rounds, drizzle with avocado or olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes (10 minutes on each side)
Mixed bean burgers
1. Drain one can each of cannellini and red beans into a colander and rinse.
2. Transfer the beans to a medium sized bowl and mash together until about two thirds of the mixture is mashed completely. You still want to have some texture in these burgers.
3. Season to taste with salt, pepper, chili powder (and any other seasonings you may wish to add)
4. Stir two eggs, and about 1/2 cup of bread crumbs into the mixture. If the mixture feels too wet, add some more breadcrumbs.
5. Form small (slider-like) patties with your hands and place on an oiled baking sheet. (I was able to make 14 patties with these ingredients but number will vary based on size.)
6. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes (10 minutes each side)
1. Chop fresh tomatoes, dice the jalapeño and onion and add to a bowl.
2. Combine and season with salt.
Herbed Avocado Cream
1. Blend avocado, Greek yogurt, basil leaves and a dash of salt together in a food processor until well combined.
I chowed down on these lovelies with a side of sautéed mushrooms but your side is YOUR discretion.
Q: What is your favorite type of slider?
As always eat healthy stay fit,