Let the praises begin and the congratulations come forth. I did it. I managed to create the most delicious, savory, heartwarming chicken stew. My eyes closed and my body sighed in satisfaction upon the first spoonful. How could something so easy become so wonderfully divine?
Cal stated in satisfaction as he finished his bowl that it was and I quote, “the best soup he ever had!” Inside my hands rose up and did a triumphant cheer! But seriously all kidding, joking and boasting aside. This soup is pretty killer.
So make it and relax on a cold fall or winter day. It will warm your tummy and leave you oh so satisfied!
Ingredients 4-5 servings:
2 tsp coconut oil
2 cups shredded roasted chicken
16 ounces all natural chicken broth
3 red potatoes scrubbed but not peeled then chopped into bite sized pieces
2 large carrots scrubbed but not peeled sliced diagonally
1 cup kale shredded
½ of a small Vidalia onion diced
½ box of portabella mushrooms sliced into large pieces
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary sliced fine
3 leaves sage torn
Dash of black pepper
I like to use a Dutch oven to cook my soups and stews because I feel it provides better results, but I’m sure you could make this in a large soup pot.
1. Place coconut oil in Dutch oven and begin to heat on medium high.
2. Toss in chopped up potatoes, carrots, onion. Begin to cook until they start to turn golden.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add in garlic ,rosemary, thyme and sage. Cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add in 16 ounce 100% natural chicken stock and 2 cups shredded chicken.
5. Bring soup up to boil, and then turn low to simmer.
6. Add in mushrooms and black pepper.
7. Cook until potatoes and carrots are tender and then add in kale in last 3 minutes.
8. Divide into bowls and serve.
As always eat healthy stay fit,