A delightfully tangy dish sure to satisfy any Seafood Lover!
Wine Pairing: Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc
Ingredients for 2 people
6 little neck clams
6 large bay scallops
1 cup sliced artichoke hearts
2 pieces roasted red pepper (julienned)
¼ cup onion
6 kalamata olives(halved)
1 garlic clove (diced fine)
1 sprig rosemary (stem removed and diced fine)
1 sprig thyme (stem removed
1 tbsp capers
3 tsp olive oil ( I like to use Tuscan infused)
1/3 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
2/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
¼ cup feta cheese
Pasta (make as little or much as you want)
1.Heat a large skillet or deep frying pan on medium high with 2 tsp of olive oil.
2. Add sliced artichoke hearts and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add roasted peppers and kalmata olives and heat through.
3. Pour contents of pan into a heat safe bowl and cover with plate.
4. Place shrimp and scallops in pan on medium high. Sear outside until golden brown and cooked through. Place in another bowl and cover with plate.
5. Add 1 tsp of oil to pan. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup white wine to hot pan carefully to avoid splashing. Add in chicken broth and bring to boil. Add your scrubbed little neck clams. Steam clams until shells have opened. Discard any that remain closed.
6. Add the shrimp, scallops and veggies back to pan with the littlenecks. Add juice from half of lemon. Stir until heated.
7. Serve with pasta (I prefer fresh linguine, but you can experiment with your own).
8. Mix ¼ cup of feta cheese into strained cooked pasta
9. Place pasta in serving or dinner bowl and pour vegetables over. Arrange shrimp, clams and scallop to desired display. Add any remaining liquid to dishes.
This dish is great served along or with nice crusty bread.